Friday, October 14, 2011

Strategic Planning - Stakeholders' Retreat

In an earlier Director's Corner, I informed the Owensboro Catholic Schools community about a Strategic Planning process begun last year by the Long Range Planning Committee of the OCS Education Council. I am excited to inform you that the Stakeholders' Retreat mentioned in the Director's Corner will occur on Monday, October 17th (next Monday) from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM at the Mount St. Joseph Conference and Retreat Center. Please join me in praying for the success of this important session. Facilitated by Dr. Regina Haney of the National Catholic Educational Association, 50 leaders of our community will gather to discuss, converse and share their ideas and insights concerning Owensboro Catholic Schools and its future. Flowing from our Mission and a common Vision, this Strategic Plan must be the driving force that pushes Owensboro Catholic Schools into a viable, vital and successful future.

Recently I had the opportunity to attend two important conferences - one was on Catholic School Sustainability hosted by the O'Meara Ferguson Center for Catholic Stewardship on the campus of Marian University and the other was the Ohio Catholic Education Association Conference. Both provided me the opportunity to attend sessions on the importance of strategic planning for Catholic Schools. I found one question that kept coming up - What does it mean to be excellent? Throughtout my time as Director, I have stated that to live our Mission we must provide excellence in faith formation and academics. The time has come for us to actually define what it means to be excellent! My goal is to challenge those who have agreed to spend the day as participants of the Stakeholders' Retreat to help begin that process. I will remind them that all who choose OCS as their Catholic education partner, expect to find excellence in all phases of the Aces experience - both in the classroom and as a part of every student's extracurricular activities. The time has come to be able to define in quatifiable and measurable ways what we mean by it.

I am extremely excited to move forward with this project. It certainly my vision and the vision of the Long Range Planning Committee to find ways to involve as many members of the Owensboro Catholic Schools community in the process. Following the retreat, the plan calls for the development of sub-committees to tackle the prioirties and begin to build sections of the new Strategic Plan. In the end, I am convinced that we need a plan that is owned by all in the Owensboro Catholic Schools community. All will be invited to particpate either by serving as a member of one of these sub-committees or by sharing your insights and ideas. In the weeks and months to come, I will keep informed of ways that will be able to involve yourself in this important process.

I appreciate all you do to help us fulfill our Mission and the Mission of the Church to Build the Body of Christ. As always, your comments and insights are important to me. I can be reached by phone at 852.8028 and email at ken.rasp@owensborocatholic.org

God's peace!

Ken R Rasp
OCS Director

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home