Monday, March 5, 2012

Director's Corner - Storm Alerts, Pre-Registration and Financial Aid Notices

 I think you will all agree that God surely blessed us last week. So many families and communities are suffering due to the outbreak of severe weather across our region. Certainly, we join all across our state and nation in prayer for the families who lost loved ones due to the tornados and wind. We count our blessings while asking our Father God to share the His graces and peace with those families in need.

I have already shared a thank you message with Mike Gray, Interim Superintendent of Schools for Daviess County Public Schools, for making the right call on Friday to release early. Although a bit chaotic, the early release allowed us to make sure all of our students were in the safety of their own homes before the outbreak of the storms. I have been asked to attend a DCPS Administration meeting this morning (Monday, March 5th) to evaluate all processes needed when an early release is anticipated. I told Mr. Gray that I would be happy to attend. I ask families of all bus riders to specially thank their bus drivers for acting with such professionalism and care on Friday. I know our students, especially the younger ones, were nervous and afraid as they walked out of school onto a bus knowing that the storm was approaching. The drivers and their assistants did an excellent job of calming the students as they provided a safe ride home.

I thank all of you who emailed and texted me concerning the One Call Now message on Friday. I appreciated the reminders. As I stated in the 2nd message I sent out, I did send one out at 11:05 that for some reason aborted. As you can imagine, the system was amazingly overloaded. Immediately after sending the message I left the office to help at OCES K-3 Campus with the early dismissal. Your reminders informed me that for some reason there was a problem with the sending of the first message and prompted me to send the 2nd message. Thanks to Karen Gross for sending out an In The Loop that effectively informed many of you of the early dismissal. I am working with One Call Now to figure out why the first message was not distributed.

Pre-Registration for the 2012-2013 Academic Year
Late last week, we mailed the Pre-Registration packet to all current and potential new families. Pre-Registration for the 2012-2013 academic year will continue until Thursday, March 29th. It is IMPERATIVE as we look forward to next year that all families submit complete Pre-Registration Forms along with the $50 fee and Parish Voucher (if necessary) prior to March 29th. As last year, we are anticipating an increase in enrollment. Having an accurate sense of our enrollment for 2012-2013 is integral in helping us make important and necessary decisions concerning our staffing needs for 2012-2013. I ask, actually I implore, that you take a few minutes to review the information on the form, complete the information on the back of the form and submit it prior to the 29th of March. Please note that Parish Sponsored families are required to attach their Parish Voucher to the Pre-Registration Form. If you did not receive the Pre-Registration Packet, please call or stop by the Central Office (686-8896).

Tuition Assistance Awards - Round 1
We are working with PSAS to ensure that the Round 1 Tuition Assistance Awards go out in the mail no later than Thursday, March 15th.

I appreciate all you do to help us fulfill our mission of excellence in Catholic faith formation and academics. As always, your comments and insights are important to me. I can be reached via phone at 852-8028 and email at ken.rasp@owensborocatholic.org.

God's Peace!
Ken R. Rasp
OCS Director

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home